Came into existenceThe Circle office is opened from 01.11.1955 as per GO MSG No. 2737/55/Home dated 5.11.1955 and the functioning in the newly constructed building from 06.12.2014 near DYSP office Alathur by the KPHCC Thiruvananthapuram. The Circle Consists Alathur and Kottayi PS. Total area of this Circle is 155.02 Sq./Kms. Recently shifted the circle office at Community resource center building, near DYSP office, Alathur on 06.12.2014. At present there are Two Police Stations under this circle. i.e. Alathur and Kottayi.
The circle was located on west east side of the Palakkad District head quarter and it occupy major portion of “Palghat gap” in the East Ghats. Now there are Two police stations under this circle namely Alathur and Kottayi . The circle contains approximately 155.02 Sq./Kms as its area of operation which also cover more than 15 villages. Around 40 kilometers of its boundaries are share with our neighboring district Thrissur as well as its share limits with adjacent circles in the district namely Vadakkencherry, Nemmara, Kollengode, Pudunagaram, Kuzhalmannam, Mankara and Town North Palakakd.
Alathur circle Comprises 2 Police Stations
Police Stations areAlathur ps, Kottayi ps,
- Alathur ps
- Kottayi ps
- East: Kuzhalmannam, Pudunagaram and Kollengode
- West: Pazhayanuur, Thiruvilwamala,Thrissur District, Vadakkencherry PS
- South: Nemmara PS
- North: Mankara, Town North of Palakakd Sub Division.
Loksabha and Legislative constituency
- Alathur - Loksabha Constituency,Palakkad(mathur panchayath 8 wards)
- Alathur, Tarur and some parts of Nemmara are the Legislative AssembliesPalakkad(mathur panchayath 8 wards)