Parambikulam Police Station
Came Into Existence
Parambikulam Police station is situated in Ward No.XI in Muthalamada Gramapanchayath. The station was opened on 02-05-1961 by Superintendent of Police, Palakkad as per GO (Rt.) No. 629 dated 21-04-1961 in a room. The police station was shifted to Government owned building vide GO (Rt.) No. 960/1986 Home dated 25-03-1986 opened by Sri. Vayalar Ravi, Hon’ble Home minister of Kerala. The old police station building due to dilapidated condition sanctioned accorded for new police station building constructed by the KPHCC adjacent to the old building as per the GO (Rt.) 1054/2012 Home dated 03-04-2012 was opened by the Hon’ble Chief minister of Kerala Sri. Oomman Chandy on 13-09-2011.
The total jurisdiction of the police station is forest area and these area was announced by the Central Government as Parambikulam Tiger Reserve on 2009 onwards. Hence tourism is the main income and earning of the natives mainly different types of tribal communities residing in the jurisdiction.
Boarder Police Stations
- North—Kollengode PS
- South—Sholayar PS (Tamil Nadu)
- West—Padagiri PS
- East—Anamalai PS(Tamil Nadu)
- Judicial First Class Magistrate Court Chittur
Important Places and Rivers
Kuriyarkutty river passing through Parambikulam PS
Important establishments and institutions
- Post Office, Parambikulam
- Post Office, Anampady.
- Forest Station Thekkady (Sungam Range Office)
- Forest Station Thekkadi (Kollengode Range)
- Divisional Forest Office, Anappady.
- Sungam Range Office, Thoonakkadavu
- Parambikulam Range Office, Parambikulam
- Office of the Asst. Wild Life Wardern, Parambikulam
- Office of the Deputy Director Irrigation Department, Parambikulam
- Parambikulam Aliyar Project Office, Parambikulam (Tamilnadu)
- Primary Health Centre, Parambikulam
- Govt. Ayurveda Dispensary, Kuriyarkutty.
- GTWLPS, Thekkadi,
- GTWLPS, Thoonakadavu
- Govt. Primary School, Parambikulam (Tamilnadu Govt.)