Chalissery Police Station
Came Into Existence
In 1914 Chalissery Police Station had formed and functioned in Chalissery Village, Chalissery Panchayath which are the boarder of Palakkad, Malappuram and Thrissur Districts which are known as the Areca nut Market. This station placed ½ km west side away from Chalissery Center, and it is connected the Changaramkulam Road which is connected Palakkad and Malappuram District and having road facilities to go to Palakkad District Head Quarters and boundary Head Quarters such as Thrissur District and Malapuram District.
Sri. Kunhiraman Nambiyar was the First Sub Inspector of police in this Police Station and Sri. M. Koyakutty was posted as First Circle Inspector of Police.
Due to the decomposed stage of Old Police Station building, new police station building was inaugurated on 23.7.2006.
Chalissery Police Station including 4 Panchayath namely, Chalissery, Nagalassery, Thirumittakkode and Half of Kappur Panchayath
Border Police Stations
- North : Thrithala PS
- South : Kunnamkulam PS Thrissur District
- East : Cheruthuruthy PS Thrissur District
- West : Changaramkulam PS Malappuram District
- Judicial First Class Magistrate court, Pattambi
- Munsif court, Pattambi
Important Places and Rivers
There are four important Historical centers in Chalissery Police Station limit. The first one is “KATTILMADAM” which is remnant of half constructed temple. the second one is “TIPPU KOTTA” placed near Kootanad Juma Musjid, the third one is “POOMULLI ARAMTHAMBURAN MANA” at Peringode and the forth one is “ANCHUMOORTHY TEMPLE”, Thirumittakkode.
This Historical center is placed at Kattilmadam and 8 km away from Chalissery Police Station. This Shilaphalakam is built on only one Stone and no one known about the Architect of this Silaphalakam. So many History students are coming for visiting the Shilaphalakam.
The Kattilmadam Temple is a small Buddhist monument made of granite. The monument is of great archaeological interest to tourists.The monument was built in the 9th or 10th century C.E.
Thirumittakkode Anchumoorthy Temple
This temple is placed at Thirumittakkode and 10 km away from the East side of Chalissery Police Station. This temple have so many historical importances. Now the Temple is under Archeology Department.
This Fort is situating near Koottanad Juma Musjid and 3 km away from Chalissery Police Station. This Fort is built on the period of Tippu Sulthan. It was used for training the soldiers to attack Malabar Areas.
This Mana is laid at Peringode and 3 km away from Chalissery Police Station. This Mana built during the period of Poomulli Aram Thamburan. Its main importants are Arts, Education and Health purpose and so many tourists are visiting this Mana.
'Mana' means family house of the Namboothiri. Poomully Mana is a Namboothiri family home, having a history of more than 500 years. The members of Poomully Mana were famous as practitioners of ayurveda, kalari, yoga, music and other such performing arts.
Various Projects functioning in Chalissery Police Station
Women Help Desk
This Project is functioning for helping women and children.
This Project is functioning for Senior Citizens and one ASI is deputed for this project
Clean campus and Safe Campus
This project is functioning for students for reducing the crimes among the them. In this project included the presents of social workers, business man, Drivers, teachers and students and also formed School Protection Group.
Important establishments and institutions
- Bsnl Office, Chalissery
- Bsnl Office, Koottanad
- Excise Office, Vavannur
- Govt Homeo Dispensary, Chalissey
- Kseb , Chalissery
- Kseb Office, Koottanad
- Milma Development Office, Koottanad
- Milma Development Office, Vavannur
- Panchayath Office, Chalissery
- Phc Chalissery
- Thrithala Block Office, Koottanad
- Village Office, Chalissery
- Village Office, Chathannur
- Village Office, Koottanad
- Village Office, Vattoli
- Water Authority, Koottanand
- Govt Ayurveda Dispensary, Chalissery
- Avees Hospital Kootanad
- Modern Hospital, Koottanad
- PHC, Chalissery
- Aided Hss, Peringode
- Al Ameem English Medium School, Koottanad
- Co-Operative College, Koottanad
- GHSS, Chalissery
- GHSS, Chathannur
- GHSS, Vavannur
- Ig English Medium School, Karukaputhur.
- Karuna Pharmacy, Chathannur
- Royal Dantel College, Chalissery
- Sreepathi Engineering College, Vavannur
- Federal Bank, Koottanad
- Punjab National Bank, Karukaputhur
- SBI, Koottanad
- SBT, Chalissery
- Vijaya Bank, Vavannur
- Bhagavathy Temple, Amakkavu
- Elavathukkal Temple, Koottanad
- Juma Musjid Karukaputhur
- Juma Musjid Koottanad
- Koyankavu Temple, Vavannur
- Sree Mulayam Parambath Bhagavathy Temple, Chalissery
- St. Augines Church, Chalissery
- St. Yakoba Syranic Church, Chalissery